Ageing and the idea of getting older can have a quite different reaction depending on culture and country, and particularly so regarding business and career but there are so many advantages, mentoring being one!
Debbie Heiser, (Founder/CEO of The Mentor Project, TEDx Speaker, Researcher) is an expert on this.
We will be discussing:
- The advantages of mentoring from both sides perspectives.
- Why there is a negative view of ageing in business, and why it is so erroneous.
- What we need to focus on to enjoy ageing to the full.
- Optimising our activity, longevity and connectivity to improve our own ageing and channel it to inspire the new generation.
- The psychological and emotional benefit to both sides in addition to sharing knowledge and expertise.
More about Debbie:
CEO • Speaker • Aging Expert • Educator • Author
Deborah Heiser, Ph.D., is an Applied Developmental Psychologist, a TEDx speaker, consultant, Founder of The Mentor Project, and an Adjunct Professor in the Psychology Department at SUNY Old Westbury.
Deborah has additionally authored peer-reviewed articles, is co-editor of Spiritual Assessment and Intervention with Older Adults, and a frequent expert guest for syndicated and local talk radio shows, international and local podcasts, and print and online media outlets.
She has been quoted in The New York Times, Seattle Times, Dallas Times and contributes to Thrive Global. Her research covers a wide range of topics related to aging, including depression identification, dementia, and frailty with grants awarded from NIA/NIH and Pfizer. She received an international award for her research on depression identification, as well as serving for 9 years on the Board of the State Society on Aging of New York and was President in 2008. Later In 2016, she served as President of Queens Psychological Association in New York.
- TEDx: Rethinking Aging: Mentoring the New Generation https://youtu.be/uSubiZf8JQo
- Founder/CEO The Mentor Project www.mentorproject.org
- Founder I.M.AGE www.i-m-age.com
- Psychology Today:
- What is a Legacy and Why Do You Need One https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-right-side-40/202204/what-is-legacy-tree-and-why-do-you-need-one
- Want to Make an Impact? Try Lateral Mentoring https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-right-side-40/202203/want-make-impact-try-lateral-mentoring
- The Secret to Maximizing Productivity https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-right-side-40/202202/the-secret-maximizing-productivity
You might also enjoy
Today’s guest is Paul Davis – Award winning Consultant, Author,
Today’s guest is Charles Vogl – Author, speaker and advisor
Today we welcome Jennifer K Hill, Evolutionary Leader, CEO, Entrepreneur,
The menopause can be a controversial topic in the workplace,
Dr Soliman: Mindset and the Mind-Body Connection – How this helps decision making, clarity and transforming our lives
Dr Mohamed Soliman – physician (with a special interest in
Marie Hale: Resilience, courage, motivation – how we can use our strengths to move forwards positively
Marie Hale – CEO of @Revenue marketing and sales agency
Dawson Church: How Science and Neuroscience Impact Consciousness and Can Improve Our Life and Career
Dawson Church is a science writer, researcher and integrative health