How Mind-Body Health Increases Success
Do you consider yourself successful? What do you think helps to be a success? Apart from skills, talents and knowledge what is the key to being able to perform and do well, achieve your objectives and have ever better results? The absolute fundamental, can’t-do-without, essential is good mind-body health!
Just think about the following and rate them in relation to you now and over a few weeks to see your current norm…
How do you feel today? Right now? Both in your personal, and particularly, your professional life…
- Happy or neutral
- Full of energy or tired
- Interested or drifting through just doing what is needed
- Slim, fit and healthy or lethargic and possibly with a few extra kilos or slightly high body fat
- Serene and stress-free or anxious, worried and with definite stress points…
- Sleeping well, and enough, waking refreshed and enthusiastic or troubled and/or unrefreshing sleep patterns
All of this makes an enormous difference to how we go through life, and particularly on how we feel, react and succeed at work.
I am willing to bet that those of you that feel all the positives eat healthily and not too much, exercise regularly (this doesn’t mean having to go to a gym), enjoy enough refreshing sleep and have a positive, serene mindset and mental outlook.
This should be considered an inherent requirement for optimal performance. We are happier, more successful and definitely more productive when we fuel our body and brain by eating the right food for energy, both physically and mentally; as well as being at our fitness peak, on the lean side of slim, doing regular extensive natural daily exercise. Not only does this promote our overall wellness, serenity and physical health but it improves our brain power, resistance, stress management, objectivity, focus, ability, creativity, production and performance.
Living a slim and fit life has great personal benefits and professionally optimises performance, career and business results.
‘To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear..’
ACTION: What are the first steps?
It is essential to focus on, prioritise and implement a really good mind-body health to succeed. Here are some tips to just become more aware of your current state:
Keep a mind-body health journal for the next 4 weeks. Don’t try and make any changes or realignments, just record your usual habits.
- Record exactly what you eat and at what time, and how you feel just before and after you eat…
- Do the same for exercise – any sport, stretching, walking you did however little or much and what circumstances led you to do it
- Note down your sleep pattern, time you went to bed, time you went to sleep, what you were doing just before, did you wake during the night, what time you got up in the morning – your feelings before going to sleep and on waking up.
- Write down your mindset and mental outlook – whether positive, negative, levels of stress and what thought, action or situation preceded them.
My gift to you – if you send me your completed journal after 4 weeks, I will look through it and give you personal feedback on the areas you can improve and what to focus on first…
Get updates, strategies and tips, events and interviews...
More To Explore
Develop positivity for productivity, peace of mind, energy and happiness! Start the one week positivity challenge with me today — that is only 7 days, not too long a time to keep to it but it can be the start of a life changing experience.
Changing to bring more of your passions and inner dreams to the fore, creating more fulfilment in your life is fabulous – However, we often stress about the transition to this wonderful state
Something was in the air – totally unexpected and unplanned!
Most definitely a new door had opened up in front of me… Very scary, very tempting and very much pushing past the comfort zone… What should I do? What would you do?
Do you know some of the problems that we can have when our body and mind connection is out of sync? The mind-body connection can be a vicious or a virtuous circle! And, guess what, we can choose how we influence this for the better… Don’t we all want to live a happier, healthier, bouncier life?