How will this 7 day challenge of 100% positivity make your life better
Develop positivity for productivity, peace of mind, energy and happiness! Start the one week positivity challenge with me today — that is only 7 days, not too long a time to keep to it but it can be the start of a life changing experience.
Why should you do this?
All around us we are surrounded by negativity. Just look at the media as an example, when is the last time you saw something positive and happy being regularly reported in the press or announced on the news… Unfortunately, the media — among others — does the maximum to make us believe it has become a negative world.
The problem is that if we are constantly being fed negativity we start to look at the world through a negative lens and we replicate that mindset.
What benefit is there to negative thinking? None! It drains your energy, blocks your creativity, procrastination takes over, achievement declines drastically and often it can lead down the slippery slope towards misery and depression.
I remember my mother when I was a little girl had a favourite saying “If you can’t say anything nice about someone, don’t say anything at all!” That saying was such a wonderful gem of wisdom. It is just a very small example of one aspect of a positive mindset and a positive outlook on life.
By actively deciding to keep a positive outlook and reaction to all that happens around us we ourselves feel better, we cope with situations more easily, we smile more, we laugh and we dramatically increase our enjoyment of life.
Don’t get me wrong, we can’t live in a naive ‘happy bubble’ but we can choose to find the positive side of things, be it joy in an unexpected action, or learning a lesson for the future from a difficult or unpleasant experience. The main aim in these situations is not to whinge, moan, complain, feel sorry for oneself, criticise or attack when something you don’t like happens but look for the ‘silver lining’. You are choosing positive thoughts and actions.
So, changing from the ‘easy’ mindset of negativity to the positive mindset can take a bit of effort because we often have let negativity become a habit — but the good news, habits can be broken and new positive habits created! 🙂
How do you benefit from the positivity mindset?
Your reality is affected by your perception so the way you think changes the way you act, which ultimately decides the outcome of your life! This is BIG, HUGE, ENORMOUS! Your positivity can achieve the life that makes you happy and fulfilled, now are you more motivated about the positivity challenge? Yes, I am glad to hear it!
“You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind. — Joyce Meyer”
How can you start?
- Choose to be positive: At first, consciously look for positive thoughts and reactions throughout the whole week. If you notice any negative self-talk starting to seep into your head, immediately replace it with a positive thought — about anything…
- Be grateful: If every time you feel unsatisfied or disappointed, or even jealous about something, make a list of what you have to be thankful for, starting with the basic necessities of life. As the list grows you will see how much good you have in your life and your attitude will change to positive again!
- Physically stand tall and be happy: So, focus on a positive upright open body posture which transfers to a more positive state of mind (Yes, studies have proven this — great isn’t it!) and put a great big cheesy grin on your face! It is in your DNA, you feel happier after smiling…
- Focus on the presentand future, forget any past mistakes. You can’t change the past so don’t beat yourself up about it. Think of what you have and can do today and tomorrow — positively! And don’t try and do too much either, don’t put yourself under unnecessary pressure… Enjoy the moment!
- Surround yourself with positive, dynamic people. Negativity is catching, avoid something that is contagious, instead spend more time with the cure!
- Sleep, healthy food and exercise — Yes, I know, I never stop talking about it, but you NEED YOUR SLEEP, you need to move and you need to eat healthily… These make a huge difference to how you feel and on your outlook so make the time, nurture them and treat them like the most desirable and enjoyable rituals you could ever have in your life 🙂
I will leave you with this lovely image from Helen Keller
“Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow“. — Helen Keller
OK, so once you have done it for a week, why not try it for a month!!
Get updates, strategies and tips, events and interviews...
More To Explore
Public speaking is something that many of us find nerve-wracking, to say the least. However, it is a skill that can make an enormous difference
Leadership comes in so many forms but being a great leader, a transformational leader, is what brings an organisation to life, giving vibrancy and encouraging
Ageing and the idea of getting older can have a quite different reaction depending on culture and country, and particularly so regarding business and career
Mark Bernard – sales trainer, corporate mindset profits coach, speaker and author – will be giving us tips and pointers on how to achieve sales