Leadership comes in so many forms but being a great leader, a transformational leader, is what brings an organisation to life, giving vibrancy and encouraging team development and growth.
Neil Jurd is an expert at this. He brings us his knowledge and wisdom gained from work with corporate and public sector but also previously, as an army officer, leading squadrons in Iraq, training officers in Yemen among others.
We will be discussing:
- The vision of productivity, motivation and quality of life across different sectors and cultures.
- How leaders can better engage with their teams to help them achieve the results they are striving for.
- Styles of leadership and using personality rather than position.
- How leaders can demonstrate this to transform their organisations mentality and develop a feeling of belonging and mutual trust.
- Breaking through the overly hierarchical, bureaucratic, status-conscious tendency and changing the status quo to something more meaningful and perceptive.
- Developing productive and positively creative teams who thrive together.
More about Neil:
Neil Jurd is the author of The Leadership Book and founder of Leader-Connect, the online resource for leadership discussion and development. Leader-Connect also deliver online and residential leadership courses based on the ideas in The Leadership Book.
In a voluntary capacity Neil founded and remains a trustee of The Michelle Jurd Trust and is Director Initial Officer Training for Army Cadets UK. He is also a non-exec director of Alertacall. In an earlier career Neil was an army officer to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, serving in a wide range of roles including leading a Gurkha Squadron in Iraq, roles in selecting and training officers and heading a training team in Yemen.
Neil was appointed OBE in the 2021 new Year Honours list and was awarded a British Citizen Award in 2020. He is an Honorary Teaching Fellow of Lancaster University, and Fellow of both the Institute of Leadership and Management and of the Institute of Logistics and Transport.
You might also enjoy
Today we welcome Valerie Fridland, professor of sociolinguistics and at the
Today’s topic is about Creating Coherent Teams with my guest
Today’s guest is Paul Davis – Award winning Consultant, Author,
Today’s guest is Charles Vogl – Author, speaker and advisor
Today we welcome Jennifer K Hill, Evolutionary Leader, CEO, Entrepreneur,
The menopause can be a controversial topic in the workplace,
Dr Soliman: Mindset and the Mind-Body Connection – How this helps decision making, clarity and transforming our lives
Dr Mohamed Soliman – physician (with a special interest in